Veritas Association Management seeks an Associate Director for a medical specialty society. This can be a 100% remote position. The success of our clients is paramount in Veritas’ culture. Our unique, hands-on management approach is nimble, empowering each managed client administrative team to make decisions and implement change efficiently and effectively.
The Associate Director serves in a leadership and support role working closely with the Executive Director and Committees seeking continuous growth in the organization. Plans, organizes, directs, and coordinates the staff and administrative activities. Directs and implements programs approved by the Board to assure that objectives are achieved, strategic plan fulfilled, and member needs met. Maintains effective internal and external relationships.
- Supports board policies and systems to ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of the organization.
- Ensures ongoing measurement of deliverables for projects and initiatives.
- Acquires substantive knowledge regarding the organization’s programs and services.
- Supports the organization’s mission and strategies.
- Continuously improves processes for the organization to meet both long- and short-term objectives.
- Assist with grant coordination as needed.
- Update and maintain databases and spreadsheets for various projects.
- Coordinate activities and projects of board-appointed committees and task forces.
- Assist account manager with coordination of board meetings.
- Supports corporate compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements.
- Take and prepare minutes of committee meetings.
- Travel to annual client conferences and participate in on-site activities.
- Provide support for leadership events including speakers/faculty management and evaluation coordination.
- Develops an effective working relationship and communication process with the Executive Director and
The ideal candidate will have the following experience and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent job experience.
- Certified Association Executive (CAE) preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in association management preferred.
- Experience working within a non-profit association (healthcare) setting is a plus.
- Demonstrated strategic ability and experience managing and working with a volunteer organization.
- Ability to articulate a vision, create consensus, and motivate people.
- Excellent written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with and understanding of association laws, contracts, etc.
- Intermediate computer proficiency. Willingness to learn new web-based programs
- Ability to organize and manage multiple projects/priorities.
- Promotion of and commitment to company values.
- Competitive salary
- Competitive Medical, Dental & Vision benefits
- Unlimited PTO
- Remote work opportunity
View all jobs at Veritas
East Dundee, IL
About Veritas Association Management
Founded in 2013, Veritas Association Management is an industry leader in association management and professional meeting execution. The company specializes in helping professional medical organizations become more efficient, effective, and impactful within their respective specialties and communities.