Communications SpecialistFull-Time Position | Remote or In-Office (East Dundee, IL)
Veritas Association Management is seeking a Communications Specialist to manage outbound marketing communications for designated Veritas clients. This individual is responsible for creating and executing email and social media campaigns, including managing content calendars, coordinating assets, copywriting, scheduling and publishing content, reporting, and monitoring engagement and performance.
The ideal candidate for this role possesses strong copywriting and information organization skills, able to quickly identify the most relevant and important pieces of information within a message and craft compelling CTAs accordingly.
The Communications Specialist collaborates closely with other members of the digital marketing team to ensure that messaging and content is consistent across all digital channels including websites, marketing emails, social media, and event platforms.
This position reports to the Strategic Communications Director.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage and execute email and social media campaigns for designated clients.
- Maintain and update social media profiles of designated clients.
- Write copy and publish content adhering to marketing best practices.
- Collaborate with graphic design team to produce creative assets as needed.
- Respond to inquiries made on client social media channels, escalating to relevant team members as necessary.
- Coordinate social media coverage of virtual and on-site events.
- Report on performance of email campaigns and social media activities using relevant KPIs, as requested.
- Assist in the development of digital marketing strategies, calendars, and timelines.
- Contribute to broader digital marketing projects as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field of study (Communication, Public Relations, Journalism, Advertising, Marketing, etc.) and/or 1-2 years’ experience using social media in a professional business capacity
- Strong copywriting and proofreading skills
- Experience with email marketing platforms (MailChimp, Constant Contact, or other CRM tools) is a plus
- Experience with graphic design software (Canva, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator experience is a plus)
- Excellent working knowledge of Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram
- Proven multi-tasking ability and strong project management skills
- Must be willing to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
Compensation & Benefits
This is a full-time, salaried position. Standard working hours are Monday – Friday, 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM CT, with occasional nights and weekends as needed for event operations.
- Flexible schedule
- Unlimited PTO
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- 401(k) + matching
- Retirement plan
Other opportunities at Veritas
East Dundee, IL
About Veritas Association Management
Founded in 2013, Veritas Association Management is an industry leader in association management and professional meeting execution. The company specializes in helping professional medical organizations become more efficient, effective, and impactful within their respective specialties and communities. LEARN MORE >>