The Industry Relations Account Manager will execute all fundraising and sponsorship efforts. Serving as the liaison between non-profit medical associations and corporate sponsors in the healthcare industry, you will play a critical role in achieving the exhibit and sponsorship sales growth objectives. Account Managers will work year-round as part of a fast-paced, results driven, high performing team.
- Act as the primary liaison between Sponsors and non-profit medical organizations
- Collaborate with sales colleagues to ensure a full understanding of client objectives and strategic priorities.
- Sell exhibit space and sponsorship to leading healthcare partners using a consultative, market-led, strategic approach
- Conduct sales calls by phone, email, zoom and in person activities including travel to meet with clients at industry events
- Maintain clear, up-to-date records, and detailed notes on sales activity in SalesForce
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of industry
- Meet and exceed sales goals
- Maintain calendar and meeting schedules
- Coordinate with internal departments
- Support department processes and requests, while sharing guidance and leading the team to support and uphold their responsibilities
- Facilitate ongoing client engagement through meetings, conference calls, and email correspondence.
- Maintain awareness of sponsorship/market trends and knowledge relative to what our clients’ corporate partners and their like competitors are executing
- Maintain thorough communication with Executive Directors regarding all sponsor account activity.
- Hybrid work environment (75% remote, 25% in office)
- Travel (up to 25%)
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 25lbs.
- Occasional walking, standing, bending
Experience & Qualifications
- 2-3 years of sales experience in account management, sponsorship, fundraising sales or inside sales.
- Experience managing execution of top tier accounts.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills with ability to communicate effectively at all levels both internally and externally.
- Advanced ability in the Microsoft Office suite of products: Outlook, Excel, Word, PPT, etc.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service by responding to queries, following up, or redirecting.
- Exhibit the values of the organization: Collaborative, Dependable, Respectful, Purposeful, Customer-Focused.
- Advanced ability to multitask while maintaining focus on duties
- Superior customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Acute attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Understands directions and executes tasks independently
- Adherence to deadlines
- Pleasant demeanor with a positive attitude
- Understanding of company policies and procedures
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and persuasively, verbally and in writing
- Tradeshow sales experience a big plus
- Travel as required (up to 25%)
- Ability to simultaneously manage a high level of detail across multiple clients and projects.
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility and quickly adapt to changes while maintaining high levels of productivity and effectiveness under pressure.
- Ability to work well within a team environment, offering assistance and support to team members whenever necessary.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude in all situations.
- Ability to balance internal priorities with client expectations.
- All other duties assigned
- Competitive salary
- Competitive medical, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits
- Unlimited PTO
- Remote work opportunity
View all jobs at Veritas
About Veritas Association Management
Founded in 2013, Veritas Association Management is an industry leader in association management and professional meeting execution. The company specializes in helping professional medical organizations become more efficient, effective, and impactful within their respective specialties and communities.
Veritas Association Management
1061 East Main Street, Suite 300
East Dundee, Illinois 60118