Veritas Association Management seeks an Executive Director for a medical specialty society. This can be a 100% remote position. The success of our clients is paramount in Veritas’ culture. Our unique, hands-on management approach is nimble, empowering each managed client’s director and administrative team to make decisions and implement change efficiently and effectively.
The Executive Director serves as chief staff officer for the society in the formulation of new policies and makes decisions within existing policies as approved by the Board of Directors. Plans, organizes, directs, and coordinates the staff and administrative activities. Directs and implements programs approved by the Board to assure that objectives are achieved, strategic plan fulfilled, and member needs met. Maintains effective internal and external relationships.
- Develop board policies and systems to ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of the organization.
- Ensures ongoing measurement of deliverables for projects and initiatives.
- Acquires substantive knowledge regarding the organization’s programs and services.
- Collaborates with the Board of Directors to develop a clear vision for the organization.
- Supports the organization’s mission and strategies.
- Continuously improves processes for the organization to meet both long- and short-term objectives.
- Ensures a dynamic strategic thinking process with active engagement of board, volunteers, and staff.
- Sets standards and expectations for governing the organization.
- Ensures corporate compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements.
- Has solid experience in financial planning and budgeting.
- Demonstrates a command of the current and future financial resources and expenditures of the organization.
- Ensures financial reports are presented to the board for approval on a regular basis.
- Oversees a fundraising program that meets the goals established for the organization.
- Guides revenue-generating activities to ensure adequate income to the organization.
- Establishes a system linking strategic and operational planning with the organization’s budget process.
- Develops an effective working relationship and communication process with the board especially with the president, president-elect, secretary/treasurer, and immediate past president.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s preferred.
- Certified Association Executive (CAE) preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in senior level association management.
- Experience working within a non-profit association (healthcare) setting is a plus.
- Demonstrated strategic ability and experience managing and working with a volunteer organization.
- Ability to articulate a vision, create consensus, and motivate people.
- Excellent written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with and understanding of association laws, contracts, etc.
- Intermediate computer proficiency.
- Promotion of and commitment to company values.
- Competitive salary
- Competitive medical, dental & vision benefits
- Unlimited PTO
- Remote work opportunity
View all jobs at Veritas
East Dundee, IL
About Veritas Association Management
Founded in 2013, Veritas Association Management is an industry leader in association management and professional meeting execution. The company specializes in helping professional medical organizations become more efficient, effective, and impactful within their respective specialties and communities.